View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
HGs14 is an unknown quantity at this point

240 Friends came over to help me work on the car.

I couldn't wait to go cruising around with everyone again.

The day finally came where I could drop the motor in and start bolting everything on

SR swap... you've seen it a thousand times blah blah

finally starting to look like a car again!

So this parts pretty funny actually when I look back on it.

Everything was finally wired up, I had all the piping and vacuum lines installed
But when I go to turn it on, it wouldn’t rev past 3k
The car was basically in limp mode and it wouldn’t run properly.
I tried so many things,
Unplugging the maf, unplugging the ecu, double checked all of my grounds and wires.

Nothing worked.
I even went as far as buying another MAF sensor.

Then one day my friend Eric came over and I asked to see how his MAF was wired up, and sure enough It hit me… I had the maf set up backwards. Basically the air was flowing in reverse through the sensor causing the computer to not meter the air properly. I had a good laugh about it with my friend and proceeded to fix the maf and install it in its proper direction.

the car felt great! I was so excited to finally drive it again.

It took from February to the end of May to get all the parts in and the car running again.
At this point I was soo stoked, I did my first motor swap at the age of 20. I was somewhat on a budget but everything worked and I was grateful.

A month goes by and I pick up some kouki skirts

A buddy of mine was looking to get rid of his bride reps for some s14 seats plus cash so I took advantage of that and came home with some new seats!

Tried to enjoy the car as much as possible, worked out a few small kinks such as blowing off couplers and weird idle issues.

Went to Mineral Wells with my cousin and my friend to hang out and watch some drifting!

Met Yokoi-san which was very rad!

as the end of summer approached I did a few more things to the car like installed some SS Turbo lines.

The engine Importer had originally told me it came with an s15 turbo so when i ordered the lines, I requested it come with an S15 oil restrictor, I soon came to find out it was just a stock s14 T28 so i had to order the correct size oil restrictor.

It was finally time to get some new wheels. My birthday was coming up and wanted to get myself something cool for the car. I was still wanting some 15’s or 16’s but after scouring all over the internet, I managed to find some Carving Head 40’s in awesome sizes and since they’re 9 hole, they would fit my car now and in the future whenever I would decide to do a 5 lug swap.

17x9JJ-5 fronts and 17x9JJ-15 rears

got some 205/40 tires from my local discount tire then took them to the local shop to have them mounted.

fronts fit great but would still rub a bit but the rears in order to fit the wheels I had to pull the rear qp a shit load. But before I could get my hands on a fender roller I settled with raising the rear a tad to keep rubbing to a minimum.

So fast forward a few months, drove the car up to Austin to hang out with my friend on Halloween. I managed to get my hands on a roller and I went to work on pulling the front fenders and rear QP to fit the carving heads the way I wanted.

Around Christmas time the Power steering rack decided to blow up on me. So I parked the car and drove my parents old truck they had while I found a new steering rack.

The time came that I realized, 240s aren’t that reliable.
Well I realized that a long time ago, but it was time to get a real daily.

I knew I wanted a 4 door rear, standard transmission, rear wheel drive car under 10K. since I work at a financial institution I didn’t really worry too much about financing since they always are willing to help and get me a good rate.
I was stuck between a G35 and a lexus IS300
But the 07-08 model G35’s were still a bit too pricey and I had found a unicorn of an IS300 I couldn’t pass up.
Drove up to Houston with my dad the third week of January 2015 and bought my first grown up car.

-2003 Lexus IS300
-all black leather interior
-vlsd
-5 speed manual trans
-102,XXXmiles on the odo
-under 10k

I was super happy with my new car I didn’t even bother trying to fix the 240 for months

(240 still broken but lookin good^^^)

My Cousin got his IS300 a couple of days before me, which was cool.

Replaced the steering rack and installed new moog outer tie rods and got the car on the road again!

So I was finally trying to get a new kit, I was tired of the oem front bumper with the shitty accord lip.

Navan aero was always amongst my favorite styles and I found one online for a decent price.
Sure I could’ve gone brand new and bought a rep bumper but I love having the authenticity and quality of real oem Nissan aero.
For the longest time I opted for quick alternatives because I couldn't afford all of the most expensive name brand parts.
but I do believe I spend my money on the parts that matter.

I quickly learned how true and accurate oem aero pieces fit as opposed to replica parts.

Threw it on the same day it arrived.

Didnt have the kouki skirts on so i quickly put on my other set of sides too.

while I was buying aero, I had been meaning to get rid of the accord rear valance thing and get legit navan spats.

I came across a pair for a decent price and had them shipped out to me.

Ended up borrowing some Aero Marker mirrors my cousin had sitting in his garage and decided to throw my kouki skirts back on for a change.

met up with Taeisbeast! can't wait to see his car back on the road!

I was tired of having this giant fart can slapping around all over the road and constantly breaking the welds on the exhaust hangers so I opted for a quick fix and cut the can off and got a sharp looking fence pipe welded on the end instead.
Sounded pretty rad too!

went to a local car show/meet benefiting some cause for kids I think… did some limbo thing. Turned out the only car lower than mine was a miata literally slammed to the ground…

Last edited by HGs14; 02-05-2018 at 12:02 AM..
HGs14 is offline   Reply With Quote