View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 02:46 AM   #1
wsmiteh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
wsmiteh is an unknown quantity at this point
KA Ka24det Custom Intake Manifold - HELP

Hey Zilvia, noob here...

Recently picked up a used custom turbo kit for next to nothing, and the guy through in a custom intake manifold his fabricator friend had made for him. Just started pulling my na ka apart and am honestly rather overwhelmed/concerned when looking at the MASS of vacuum shit, emissions shit, and sensors...and shit... on top of (and underneath) my stock intake manifold. Looking for some insight into what I need to do in order to run this custom manifold.

Currently worrying about:
1. Wiring harness stuff (what happens to all of the sensors that used to be there and how that will effect how my car runs if they are not plugged in etc.)
2. Engine management options (had been planning on getting an s13 ecu from Rs-Enthalpy and calling it a day... not so sure thats going to work for me anymore)
3. Emissions stuff (what I can, and cannot delete... and how to go about doing it. I have gone through quite a few threads on this topic and the majority of them have been pretty unclear to me unfortunately)
4. Vacuum line routing and what not.

Will provide whatever pics anybody needs, if anyone can take the time to help me out. I'll include a picture of this manifold to hopefully get the ball rolling. Again, massively into cars, and have had my s14 for about 2 years now, but this is my first time undertaking a project of this magnitude. I have swapped engines in the past, but only simple stock for stock plug and play ordeals! I'm still rather new to this, and do NOT claim to really know what I'm doing, but you have got to learn somehow, so take it easy on meh

I have a million other questions about this project, but this is the first obstacle I have run into which has me way out of my comfort zone.

Cheers, and many thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me out,
Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11169108_10155629352925105_897019259_n.jpg (78.7 KB, 30 views)
wsmiteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links