View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #19
scweet14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
scweet14 is an unknown quantity at this point
So today was meant to be productive. I was going to throw the rear wheels on, measure how much lower I need to go to get the fender and lip within half an inch of each other/maybe closer, roll the fenders, lower the car, then leave it until I can get thinner front tires. Buuuuuuttt....thats not how things ended up going

I borrowed my former bosses (the guy with the GS300) Powered By Max fender roller, these things are so much nicer that Eastwoods. And I didn't plan on it but he also lent me a heat gun. Im notorious for fender rolling and not heating my fenders causing them to paint crack like a motherfucker lol

Fender Rolling — 1996 Lexus SC300 — Family Heirloom by Bryan Boeldt, on Flickr

And last time I think it was this thread or another but someone complained that I didn't put the car on the ground with the Works on, and thats partially due to the fact that the fenders needed rolling and more low.
So to please that person, here you go.

Some poke, gross height. Much work.

Some fitment angles lol

Well as I was rolling the fuck out of the fender, I heard a crack/popping noise. Didn't think anything of it and kept going. Tighter and tighter as I twisted the roller pushing out the fender until suddenly, POP!

The fucking thing snapped right at the welds. Texted my boss, he said its cool, we have a mutual friend that can reweld it back to fix it. I asked him if PBM has a warranty cause I would think they would cover that since it snapped at the weld and not somewhere else.

Sucks cause I really wanted to get those fenders done, but whatever, at least nothing on the car broke.

Later guys!
scweet14 is offline   Reply With Quote