View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #27
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmat619 View Post
awesome build man love the tubbed front end looks great
thanks!!

since the car still wasn't idling right, and after some hard thinking of how the engine used to be before I eliminated the pcv tube and capped the nipples under each intake runner, vented the pcv on the block to the air, and had the valve cover pcv teed into the iacv line. I decided to re-do those things on the engine.

this is a before shot... you can see the valve cover line teed into the IACV vacuum line from the intake.

here is an after shot.. new hole for valve cover line in the intake. and you can't see it under the manifold, but I had to make the pcv tube out of hose, tees, and 2 90* fittings since I lost the factory one.

While I had the manifold off I replaced the gaskets and cleaned the IACV with carb cleaner. I also took the adjustment screw out and rubbed it with fine scotch bright pad and cleaned it with carb cleaner. I didn't want to damage the other brass screw trying to take it out so I left it in and sprayed the hell out of it with carb cleaner...

After I did all the work I started it and it idled perfect at 1500rpm and the started to drop as the car got warmer and would actually rev up. I shut it off and was going to time the motor with a timing light. then when I started it and let it run for a minute or so, I had 2nd thoughts and if something went wrong and I couldn't turn it off fast enough. So i tuned the car off and though MEH!! it was running good and didn't have any problems so i went to start it and it just CRANKED... NO Starting..

So i figured, the injectors were clogged. i took the rail off and took the injectors out. i figured while i had them out i would replace the O-rings and fuel fiter in the bay as well as well.. those are the old ones on the bench.

when i drained the tank before i moved the car, i just used the pump and primed it till no fuel came out of the line. so there may have been a little junk left in the tank when i filled it up with new fuel...

I ended up dropping the tank, (only had 5 gallons of fuel) draining it, washing the inside with a pressure washer the best i could, dried the outside and painted it with truck bed liner paint, let the inside and outside dry over night. The next day i wiped the inside the best I could with microfiber towels and installed the tank.

before i put it back in I changed the sock filter on the pump. the other one was nasty and brown and black inside. but still flowed.

after all this i started the car up and it idled and revved just fine.. then after a couple times starting it, it just cranked again with no starting... Sooooo, i began to think it was the injectors again and pulled the rail off AGAIN, and sprayed in the feed side with carb cleaner, and took the FPR off, blew about 20psi of air through the rail and repeated the process 2 more times. i re-installed the rail and started the car, it ran fine. and AGAIN after starting it and turning it off it would crank...

i unplugged the battery, left it sit 2 days and borrowed a friends ecu, i hooked the battery back up and tried to start it on my ecu. it started no hesitation twice. so i have NO CLUE whats up.... hopefully it will keep starting with no problems. Oh and I REALLY need a resonator and muffler for it.. its too damn loud....
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote