View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #125
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydXmas View Post
I am not canadian nor did I install any accord headlights onto a car, thats the DOT laws in Canada though. I have never had a gtst,or gts25t either I was simply proving a point. I know what a frame rail is and the bottom of both cars are very similar. If not then why does a s13 and r32 rear subframe share everything? You can literally swap them, also the front crossmember to what car is needed for a rb swap in a s13? DING DING DING a R32 crossmember! Wow!

Besides wheel wells and shock mounting points in the front there is no significant difference, and the shock mounting points of a r32 gtr are the same as a z32. Shocks in the rear as well.
congratulations captain obvious, its called cost-cutting solutions across different platforms. just because a car can share a caliper or a cross member does not mean its fucking identical. similar? sure. identical? NO. its like saying you look similar to your brother. are you your brother, lloyd? are you identical twins?

think about it, lots of parts can interchange or be MADE to interchange but out the box, its not always the case.

anyway, we're rambling about a completely dead topic. if you think putting accord headlights onto your skyline is a realistic solution, then thats on you. open business and see if people will share your fine appreciation for putting shitty accord headlights on a classy car like the skyline.

i guess the difference between people like me and people like you is that you're easy to please. to you, parts are all the same, if they kinda line-up then its all gravy. i have really high standards, i dont fuck around. if something doesnt fit, i dont believe in grabbing a mallet and attempting to make it fit and then reaching for bondo & filler when shit doesnt line up.

this topic is DEAD