View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 02:01 AM   #6
chituntang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
chituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
First of all the sohc maf and sr20det maf is the same so it wouldnt matter.
Chipped ECU's are not something to mess with, especialy if you dont know what it is tuned for. I had this problem for 2 months because I didnt even know it was chipped. My car ran like shit when I had it running. I got an air/fuel ratio gauge and saw I ran lean at boost and it bogged just like yours did. NOT GOOD AT ALL.
Anyways people usualy chip ecu's to run a different maf and injectors. So it is possible that you wont be able to use that ecu. Just use someones else for a second to see if it fixes it.

First of all SOHC maf and SR maf are different. Do not confuse the zilvians. They are not swappable as you have to change the maf plug for that. In the SR world, people have a tuned ecu because the stock fuel map does not work with their upgrade parts. You really think spending moneys on a maf, a set of injectors and tune the ecu yield extra horsepower?

To the op, if your car ran fine with the ecu and a SR maf, leave it. If the maf is bad, replace it with the identical part. I run my sr with a sohc maf and it just does not feel right, but I cannot prove it as I never drove a sr with a sr maf.
chituntang is offline   Reply With Quote