View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 12:51 PM   #12
MrTalmus

Trader Rating: (0)
MrTalmus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
Lap your valve faces and valve seats with valve grinding compound, or take it to a machine shop for a valve job. When you grind your valves and seats it will sink the valve further down into the head, this effectively lengthens your valve and will result in you needing to tip them in order for your lash to be within spec.

I'd opt for the later of the two as your machinist can also check your guides, cam journals, and set lash whiles he's in there.

P.S. Your english is better than a lot of native speakers
Thanks for the reply. I think i’ll give it a try to lap them myself. If it turns out to fail, I’ll try to find a machine shop to ship the head to.

Maybe a stupid question, but can I really rule out bad piston rings? Can this little «offset»in the valves make the compression go from 160psi to 40psi? I might be totally wrong, but I feel like there must be a bigger leak somewhere. That beeig said, I haven’t looked at the valves and seats yet.

Is it reccomended to lap all the valves while I’m at it or is this a situation where you would say: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it?
MrTalmus is offline   Reply With Quote