View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 12:45 PM   #24
MR209

Trader Rating: (0)
MR209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Since it's been 7.5 years, I figured I would post for an update on how the different sealants are working for you guys. The tail-lights on my hatch are still leaking after installing new tail-lights that included foam strips pre-adhesed to the lights.
I just got off the phone with Central Valley Nissan in Modesto and they wanted "43.95 a piece" for a roll of B6553-89915. Courtesy Nissan's website lists 43.69.
I looked it up on Fontana Nissan's website and they want 34.95, so that is a much better price.
What do you guys think about using the OEM roll of Butyl Sealer vs Mortite vs Black RTV vs just shooting a tube of window caulking between the tail lights and body when installing?(Probably not the last two options).
I am going to check out Lowes and see if they have rolls of "Mortite" Weatherstrip and Caulking Cord. http://www.frostking.com/mortite-caulking-cord/
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
i went with a window sealant,
look on the back what is in it and it says butyl something,
i got it at autozone.
black stuff rolled up,
too bad dealer didnt have it.
and it came out to be like 12 ish.
I would ultimately like to find a roll of Butyl Sealer from Oreilly's/Autozone like hOngsterr did, but I tried Oreilly's and they didn't have anything other than a roll of foam weatherstrip. Next I will try AutoZone.
MR209 is offline   Reply With Quote