View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 12:41 PM   #3
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyways, long time later my stepdad’s brother in law is getting ready to scrap a Mk1 Audi TT cause the key got stolen and the car hadn’t ran in 5-6 years — my gf convinced me to ask about it and I ended up getting it for the cost of the tow truck which was a pretty good deal, even if the car didn’t do a whole lot for me. No good pics unfortunately but here’s it coming off the tow, and an interior shot:

A new battery, weird VW main fuse, and key ($650 and the remote doesn’t work—ouch) it started right up and drove great, although it had a battery drain issue and the gauge cluster was starting to go out which is a huge deal on these cars apparently. I didn’t really even work on it or drive it much as I was in a different state the majority of the year, and I had kind of gotten the bug for something old and irritating and Japanese so I started poking around on Facebook marketplace. Found an “almost running” 1990 300ZX TT (yeah this is lots of red flags already just wait for the molded in veilside kit lol) and the guy wanted to swap so I ended up with this:

Unfortunately the Stillen lip got cracked in transit and didn’t make it off the trailer :/

But here’s where it sits for now. I had only a week to get into the Z before I had to go out of state again but I’ll be back working on it this winter and hopefully it’ll be running and driving by the time spring rolls around. Next post will cover what I’ve discovered so far about the car, and a couple of small projects as I move slowly toward getting it back on the road.

Last edited by zwzweston; 02-28-2024 at 09:01 AM..
zwzweston is offline   Reply With Quote