View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
DUPONT Paint Materials. Z33 Redline Red & Daytona Blue - BIG PRICE DROP!

******WILLING TO NEGOTIATE ON PRICING IF BOUGHT THIS WEEK********

If you thought about taking in your car for paint, remember...it's EXPENSIVE. Over $2,500+. DO IT YOURSELF and save $$$.

For clarification purposes, Nason is actually made by DUPONT. Everything is great quality stuff.

Selling off some paint materials I won't be using.

If you're not confident enough to paint a car yourself, feel free to browse gsracer's thread. Very informative in-depth how to.

His thread proves you don't NEED a booth and expensive guns to get a quality finish.

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/199733...asy-steps.html

First up, materials to paint your car Redline Red off a 350z.

Materials included:
  • 1 gallon PCL Primer w/hardener
  • 1 gallon *Dupont* Nason Base - Redline Red
  • 1 gallon HET Reducer
  • 1 gallon *Dupont* Nason Clearcoat
  • 1 quart *Dupont* Nason Activator
Everything you need to spray your car.

Price - $550/firm.

I paid more for these materials. Never planned to sell this stuff, but it's useless to me at this point. Check PaintScratch Touch-Up Paint (rs), Spray Cans, Spray Paint, Paint Pens, Car Paint, Automotive Paint for prices if you don't believe me. Total cost for Primer, Base, and Clear without hardener, reducer, and activator is $606.95.

Nason is great for the average DIY. It's very easy to work with.

Pictures:

Here's pictures of a Z33 in Redline Red.

Next up, paint materials to spray your car an awesome Daytona Blue off a 350z.

Materials included:
  • 1/2 Gallon Dupont Chromabase Daytona Blue Base
  • 1 Gallon HET Reducer
  • 1 Gallon *Dupont* Nason Clearcoat
  • 1 Quart *Dupont* Nason Activator
I realize it's only half a gallon of Base, but the mix ratio with reducer is 1/1. This means, the Base requires half a gallon of reducer to be sprayable. So, you'll end up with 1 gallon of sprayable base. More than enough to spray the entire exterior of a car.(Perfect for those track cars looking for a budget DIY paint job).

Primer can be aquired at any local automitve paint shop for a decent price($60-$120 depending on location). I've seen track cars painted without primer with great results. As long as the surface is prepped correctly, you'll be good to go.

Price - $330

Again, paid more for this as well, but my loss is your gain.

In the shade:

In sunlight:

Pictures of a Z33 in Daytona Blue.

Located in South Gate, 90280.

PM me if you have any questions.

-Johnny

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Sponsored Links