View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #35
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
2nd runner in place. Notice the width of the weld bead, is about the thickness of a pencil tip.

Here is more pics of the runner being mocked up.

Tacked into place.

3rd runner in place.

Well i decided to start mocking up the other side since I am waiting on a starter and should have that in place while building the 4th runner.

Well the supercharger sits on the other side. So i grabbed that heavy thing and put it on. This is to make sure the header does not get in the way after its finished. Thats what mock up is for.

big blower

Its heavy.

Its big.

Then i realize that our expensive valve covers dont fit with the blower in place. Great! So i mark where it needs to be clearanced.

And chop it out using my air saw.

Then i made a radius piece to put in place.

And a side plate.

And tig welded them in.
ac, pure tungsten, argon, aluminum rod, 145 amps.

then ground it smooth for clearance.

It fits. Yay!

But it sits too far back :-( the blower bracket is pushing on the flange of the valve cover. So I throw that on the mill and shave it down.

1/16" should work.

Sweet !

It works.

Last edited by blu808; 02-14-2012 at 12:44 AM..
blu808 is offline   Reply With Quote