View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #7
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
$300 will not buy you a welder worth shit. It won't come close to buying you a Tig set, hell it won't even cover your supplies really.

I think you need to take the class or buy a book first because right now, by saying "I have $300 to spend" is like saying "I have $4,000, should I get a Lamborghini or a Ferrari.. keep in mind my budget".

If you REALLY want a welder, Harbor Frieght offers a Flux-Wire 90amp shitbox. Youtube videos for it. It's sloopy but will make sheet metal stick. You'll need to spend another $50 on a mask, $20 on gloves and $40 on quality fluxcore wire.

Get some metal and bamn, you bought the cheapest, jankiest Chinese welder ever and might have $50 left from your budget...

Flux Wire Welder - 90 Amp & Other Welders - Harbor Freight Tools

As for a quality Name, Lincholns are well respected, a Tig will start around $2,000 for a decent one for Automotive.

Alright, so i know not to buy one just yet now lol. I had no idea how expensive they ran. I looked online and all the ones i found were cheaper so i was just assuming they were around that price for a decent one.

*edit* looking around on ebay and found a lincoln for about 328 refurbished.... not sure if thats worth it either ? i mean im not exactly ready to invest 2k on a welder that i have no idea how to use yet. but i am going to look into the class though...