View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme_s14 View Post
not necessarily true.. i had a full blown SE model with leather interior. i questioned it too, but it appears i was not the only one fortunate enough to have had such luxurious seats =| i was under the impression that the LE model was a step up from the base model with the exception of 5 lug?
I'm not saying that Only LE's came leather. I have seen base models with leather. I was saying that all LE's came with leather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
LE's had everything an SE had plus any other available option and a cream color leather interior. Oh an gold emblems and the wood trim interior panels.
What about Titanium Gray Metallic Leather? I thought the Wood Grain and the Gold Kit were dealer installed options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by $nicklefritz View Post
de, le, se ......ive found found combos that dont have any relation to
the badging .. for example 97 le kouki evry thing sunroof .... but 4 lug
go figure

Only things that are on all SE/LE chassis is the 5-Lug and the Headlight(Fog)/Wiper(adjustable) stalks. Everything else can be added/removed as options when the car was built. Save for some early 97's, Kouki's were the end of production. So anything and everything left on the shelf's was thrown on cars. A lot of base models came with weird(SE/LE only) options. Packages were broken cause they ran out of one item. Extra package only items were put solo on cars. Most Kouki's were just a random assembly of parts. You can check to see if it is a SE/LE chassis by the model number on the build plate. S13's are a lot easier to check their trim. Late model S14's are just a clusterfuck. Some 96 build dates kept to their trim and options. but 97-98 build dates get crazier options as the time went on.

Every s14 is labeled SE/LE by carfax cause there is no way to check by the vin. so the dealer may be going by that.

I would assume everything is a Base and then add value to the car by what options it actually has. Cause other then the chassis being a Base or a LE/SE, there is no other rule. Other then the note of pedigree almost everything can be added/removed. The only thing that would be a major PITA to even consider adding is ABS.