View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #22
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Eh, to tell the truth I don't really like any of these candidates. Out of the past three elections, the only candidate who seemed kind of appealing to me was Gore. I'm sure I'll catch some hate for that.
In my opinion choosing Palin was a smart move on McCain's part, many people will like her because of her looks, as I can tell from this thread already, and McCain will appeal more to people who have been calling him too old fashioned, and Obama can't call out McCain on being stuck in the old ways as much as he has been able to until now.
Although, it does also make McCain a hypocrit, who's been putting Obama down until now on the basis that he's too young to have any experience, and now he has chosen a VP three years younger than Obama, and a whole generation younger than himself, younger than his children even.
I personally don't like Palin, mainly because she's known for her strong anti-abortion stance, to me she just seems like a younger McCain/Bush, who happens to be a female.
Also, not putting down Alaska, I think that place is amazing, but whenever I've been there it didn't even feel like being in the U.S., it felt like a completely different country with its own problems and standards, I'm not sure how the governor of scarcely-populated Alaska would do as a VP of the entire country, but who knows, I guess the VP doesn't really do all that much anyway.
Personally, I'd still rather spend the next 4 years with Obama/Biden and see if Obama can put his money where his mouth is, as nothing about McCain/Palin's politics appeals to me.