View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #81
CaliforniaMayhem
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaliforniaMayhem is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my 93 240sx hatchback with EMUSA coilovers installed. And as for people saying you can't drop them low in the front, WRONG.

The PO (previous owner) had left the bottom collars off (4 in total). I thought that it was one for each corner but when I jacked the car up, i found out the fronts had no collars at all. This car was so damn low it was scraping on regular roads with no irregularities. He had "lowlife" stickers and all kinds of crap.

Anyways, I raised all 4 corners and installed the collars up front and they are decent coils. They don't have dampening adjustability but it's not to bouncy.

As for Reece's experience, I think I ALMOST had a similar incident. IT was my friends fault tho as he loosened the top 17mm bolt for some reason and I didn't realize until I drove it home and noticed an odd noise. If you are really worried about it just snug it with an impact.

In the future I will be doing a s14 subframe with z32 uprights so I'll be looking at nice coilovers (stance or something that supports the Fork-Type shock) next but for now, that'll do little pig....that'll do.
CaliforniaMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote