View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #24
NoPistons!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NoPistons! is an unknown quantity at this point
Bump for an old thread.

I maxed it at around 20 psi. It took a while too. had to mess with the dwell, ve and plug gap but it held for 6 months before my hours got cut. had to re-tune on 87 octane at 5 psi to DD on a budget. Lol.

In the end it kept dropping sync with the laptop and the gearbox/tob was going out. The new owners (whoever you are) best of luck. I built that car to piss people off. You are going to hate your life. Lmao.

So yeah, i daily drove/built/tuned on it for 2 years. Haters gonna hate. Made the ziptied worst fab ever thread. However my vg actually fucking worked. My welds didn't break. I actually passed a tig test for a company that does nothing but SS. Never tigged ss before a day in my life. Two months later i'm hired. So ziptied can keep my nuts in their mouths.......

Also i have my msq's saved but they'll only do you good if you have an ms1v2.2 box. Idk, spark table will help alot. I left a good bit of power on the table. Max retard i think was 16* at 7000 rpm @ 20 psi. base timing was 18-20* btdc. I ran rx7 460cc injectors at i think 55-60* base fuel pressure on a 1:1 fpr. That'd give you a rough idea where to start.

Moving forwards i'm on 4 door boat cars. I have a second gen gs300 i'm working on. Going to get a first gen shortly because it has less shit to fuck up daily driving. I've always liked those cars. Didn't know my first and probably last 240 would turn out the way it did but i'm glad it happened the way it did.

END.