View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 12:30 PM   #227
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
It took about a week to get the head back from the machine shop because they were backed up. I decided to go with new head studs just for peace of mind. I don?t have a micrometer to measure if they had studs were actually stretched but I didn?t want to risk it.

This time around I went with a 1.5 thickness head gasket. Previously it was a 1.0. The machine shop so that the head was pretty straight they only skimmed ten thousandths off.

The machine shop also mentioned that his head was machined off the top quite a bit. Charlie said that if this had warps again they won?t be able to machine the cam side. I have to get a new head maybe I?ll have to do some head work in the future. I?ll leave that to future me to figure out.

Once I got the head together it was pretty late. I was burning the midnight oil because I needed to get to the Lonestar Drift event at the ridge motorsports park.

I actually ended up breaking down. One thing I have learned in life is to never depend on other people. You control the present you control the future you control your goals. If someone says you can?t do it guess what you can. It?s very nice to be able to have a mentor but I don?t have one. I don?t have anybody to teach me how to do this thing called life. It took me a while to figure out how to assemble the timing chain, even the factory service manual procedure didn?t make any sense. When I was trying to assemble everything based off the factory service manual they leave out the steps here and there. It it seems like a few of the steps are out of order. Even watching YouTube videos they don?t tell you the tips and tricks a little advice that you really need to get through the night.

One of these days I?ll have all the tools I?ll need to be able to rebuild the entire engine on my own. I?d like to be able to only have to outsource machine work. I think one of the goals I really want to do is to be able to learn how to assemble the bottom end. Have all the proper digital micrometers and understand the proper procedure on how to check clearances on the crank bearings etc.

by 3:30 AM I made it home. I had to be awake by six to load the trailer up to head to Shelton Washington for the Lonestar Drift event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk