View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #21
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonissan
stock exhaust mani on at least one.
That would be me. Just simply extrude honed, and swain coated. IMO the cost of what I did will put you slight above a cheap crack-a-fold, but at about half the cost of a really nice bottom mount tubular setup. Major advantage of mine: It works, it fits, and it will never crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloSR
Thats me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways
Looks like the S3 cams work really well with the .64 A/R version of the GT2871R.
They work well with any response oriented engine. They are the most popular and powerful for a reason

Anywho, as some have said, it is achievable to reach 400 whp (and more) with a 2871r .64. I've got a stock bottom end redtop, running an 2871r .64 (extrude honed turbine side) and a stock (extruded and swaind) turbo manifold.

Simple parts that work with each other will always produce great results. All to often on these forums do we see mismatched cars that don't make the power they should (top end cams with small turbos, $1000 manifolds with $200 turbos etc etc)

My setup is pretty simple, and everything on the setup is designed to work in a way that creates maximum response and ultimate midrange torque. I take part in/compete in HPDE events, so I wasn't looking for some big power monster, as they are slow on the track, and not fun on the street. (Whats the point in roll racing from 60-120??) I'm a fan of being quick and having an all around animal of a car.

Mods:
Jim Wolf Technologies ECU
Cobra MAF
Mototron 60lbs Injectors
2871r .64 (extruded)
OEM turbo manifold (Extruded and swained)
Jim Wolf S3 Cams
Greddy o2 outlet
3" Downpipe
3" ExMag exhaust
Greddy Intake manifold.
Greddy FMIC setup.

Now this setup 'hopefully' will be making more power in the spring. I'm going to datalog my car, to send back out to JWT for a reflash and to have my water injection map tuned (for track days).

Here's the car:

Here's the Dyno Video (the speedo shot was done at 12 psi creeping to full....I will make another video of a speedo shot at a full 20 psi):

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDbB0b3xhHs
Download it here: http://govanman.com/ACEatthedyno.wmv

Here's the dyno:
@20 psi

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote