View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
g14novak
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
g14novak is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memberofthe600hpkaclub View Post
The harness was sold in new/unused condition. And believe me it looked the part. Harness was very well made and had never been touched since being built. And I bought it directly from the guy that he made it for as he went with another set up.

And I'm not concerned with the "4 months" as much as I am with the complete disregard and ignoring I have been getting. And if your car had been completely done for 4 months you would be slightly mad at that being the only thing holding you back as well.

And like I said I am fully understanding that he is a busy man and being I didnt buy directly I'm low on the totem pole. Which is why I simply would lime it sent back as is. And I have no problem paying shipping with insurance and a little extra for hastle.
It seems like you're being taken for a ride by everyone involved. The seller of the harness made you feel that it was in "new" condition, or at least he assumed so. The manufacturer is just too busy for his own good to repair your unit which is unfortunate since it seems like it is a defective harness that he just doesn't want to deal with.

I'd agree with what was said earlier regarding a new harness. Sure, they cost $700 from the factory, but that's because you pay for the labor involved to wrap it. No automotive harness is made by machine, OEM or aftermarket. Every single one is made by hand. It would cost him pennies on the dollar and tons of headache to just send you out another rebuilt harness.

I suggest sending him a strongly-officially worded letter in the mail. Usually when businesses receive letters from what they think is legal officials, the issue ends up getting bumped up in priority.

I don't know anything about his individual shop, but it seems like he just is too busy for his own good. 1 helper and 1 customer service rep, yet hes the one still replying to you personally? Then what is his customer service rep doing? How come the helper hasn't looked into it yet? It takes about 15 minutes to compare a pin-out on a piece of paper to a physical plug. Maybe 30 if the person has never seen an engine harness before.

I don't understand what the hold up is. I wish you best of luck resolving your issue.
g14novak is offline   Reply With Quote