View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #7
MEFISTO

Trader Rating: (1)
MEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of light

more trim parts

Before:

After:

Let me tell u something about this product
i purchased a couple of this and for some reason it ended looking gloss black
and other can semi-gloss (which is the look i wanted, Original trim finish look)
maybe fabrication Date was due..don't know, next i went to a different shop and got a good one

Horn tone
my love with this horn it comes from my dad, he used this horn in every car he had back in the day
(is the same tone from 70/80s Ferrari Daytona and Lamborghini Countach horn)
As i cannot pay for a original FIAMM horn, found that this Hella is cheap and most accurate tone

BUT.. because i never liked the ''look my horn'' thing
i paint it Black and hide so nobody can see it

PAINT IS HERE !!!

As i really like the Silver on this car, i wanted to keep the same color but with more 'spark' (because California sun bro)
But i dont know how to paint as a PRO and have no idea how to MIX and all that shit..
so i did a research and found this Duplicolor paint, its Lacquer and READY TO SPRAY (like old school hot rods were painted)
it was cheap and reviews told me it was good enough ($25 x 1L can)
i used 2 cans on this car
This is the paint used as BASE (then u apply color), thats why is Candy Base Coat, but my plan is use it as a final color
and after that adding same brand Clear Coat, (same price) i ended up using 5 cans because i fail on the spray settings and too much wind blew it.
(u may ok with 3)

Complete Paint was around $170 <--- No excuses to still have your car missile look

1st Test

This is a GO !!

and after months of work...im ready for it

The day is here...let's paint this lady
i went to the 99cents store and bought 3pc drop cloth (12x9ft) to close the canopy

floor getting some wet so paint will not fly

it took me many hours but its DONE!!
so i did some celebration lol

And after i woke up i found the real color.. WOW

And start dressing her back again!

1st time under sun

But there was one thing that i still have to deal with..
CALIFORNIA SMOG
Yes, after 6 months working on this car now i have to smog it so i can register
i did a test and fail because to much carbon into AIV/EGR/Manifold and had broken/worn hoses
so i take all appart and clean it, then added some CRC Guaranteed To Pass Emissions additive to gas tank and 1/4 full tank

took my car to a very late night ride (3am) 2 days to empty tank

and then...

SMOG PASSED !!

Last edited by MEFISTO; 01-04-2017 at 01:59 PM..
MEFISTO is offline   Reply With Quote