View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #12
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
even if putting a new maf in the car "fixes" the "problem", it doesn't guarantee you fixed the problem.

For example lets say the a/f right now at 4k goes to 16:1 and you put a new maf in and now the a/f is 13.5:1 instead and the car runs great.

Well guess what. 13.5:1 at reasonable pump gas boost is going to lead to engine destruction. It just so happens that an engine can run normal and still blow itself to bits. So you don't always fix the 'problem' just by fixing the symptoms. Sometimes we can mask these symptoms with cough syrup. Like catch cans are a great cough syrup for inadequate oil control for any reason.

The real problem here is a basic lack of common automotive diagnostic tools which are considered an essential part of owning a performance vehicle of any kind.
ok so i have the issue fixed, i will say this right now i am a dummy but the hose clamp around the maf slipped off and there the hose wasnt making a good seal around the maf sensor hence why it only happened at high rpm because it needed to suck in more air.
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote