Trader Rating: (1)
Jissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
crazy find on the Nismo Z!!!
Keep it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
Wow, great build and super well written. Keep it up. Subbed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
lucky find on the Z!!! this is a really interesting build, I like the read, not to dry

keep the updates coming!!!
Thanks guys! I was looking really hard for a VQ37HR but when the Z popped up, I had to grab it. I'm torn between selling the Nismo #120 center console badge, which apparently would go for a pretty penny to the right poser , or doing something like "Powered by" above the plate somewhere on the dash of the S13. Not sure yet. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
i've got the same Z Brembo's on my s14. i've been looking around for a set for the rear. keep us posted if you figure out how to mount them on the rear. coincidentally, i have the same wheels lol. be brembo's BARELY fit!

good luck with the VQ swap. i'm nearing completion of my vqde swap.
Very nice Sir! I'm working on a drawing to give to a machinist friend of mine that will work on a bracket. If we end up with something cost effective I'll definitely post on here. I'm leaning towards an aluminum threaded bracket that offsets the caliper mount holes towards the front of the car, but I'll know more once I give him a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmax View Post
Wow, I like where this is going. I was thinking of going KA-T for the longest time now, but my ways of thinking has changed. One of my options was going VQ35HR, since I also own a 08' G35X sedan as my daily.
G35X are AWD right? Niiice. VQ35 are nice but it would be killer to migrate that drivetrain setup to the S Chassis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
To lower the motor, some people space down the front crossmember.
Probably not the best solution as far as retaining suspension geometry and such, but it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Depending on his ride height (autox) it probably wouldn't be any worse than what we do to our vehicles by slamming it to the ground.
Probably not, but I'm thinking that clocking the rack will be fine. I'll know more once I try to mount up the steering column and size up my options.

Quote:
nice!!. What will you be doing for a shifter bracket ? One that is like the VQ Trans for SR swap ?
I went with the shifter bracket that Austin Hoke sells on his site. I was going to just shorten the factory bracket but I kept running into roadblocks trying to find someone to let me use their TIG setup. My brother enjoys welding on the project since it's completely different than the commercial work he does, but sadly doesn't have his own machine. This needs to change in the near future, LOL!

Quote:
the Build looks promising! Keep up the good work!, Don't overwork your hand and cause more damage and heal faster! If you can do all that with one, hand, I imagine you would fly with 2 haha
Thanks man! I've been lucky to have a lot of friends with an interest in what I'm doing and the downtime to come help, but yes, I need to take it easy.
Jissan is offline   Reply With Quote