View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
headup240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
headup240 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to headup240
Just wanted to do a little update with a few small things I've recently done to the car. Just pulled it into the garage to do a few things.

Lately I've been really picky about certain things. I polished the valve cover before I dropped the motor in... but the thing with polished parts is... its never perfect... never uniform. I've always like the "wrinkled" valve cover look so I decided to make an attempt to do mine using the VHT high temp wrinkle black. I sanded the cover down with 320 to make sure the paint adhered to the surface. I sprayed 4 thick coats. Looked shiny when I left it... then my wife went into labor that night so I wouldn't be seeing how it turned out until about a week later lol. (by the way we had a healthy little girl and her name is Nora). Turned out pretty good IMO. I don't have a picture after I sanded the letters.

I got a really good deal on this roll cage and I ended up completely stripping it and painting it with auto grade paint and spray gun. Decided to sell it because I got an itch for OEM interior and air conditioning so it had to go.

After selling it I used the money to buy some Isis blast pipes and get some new tires for my ESM's. Keep in mind i'm a broke college student!

Don't get me wrong. They look REALLY cool on s-chassis but they were unbelievably loud... especially now that I had this epiphany and decided I want a nice DDable full interior air conditioned 240. So they had to go. Ended up trading them for a full 3 inch Apexi WS2.

It fit my car kinda weird for some reason so I went to the muffler shop and had it cut and rewelded to fit better. When I got home I took it off and sprayed the canister and piping with ceramic header coating. Looks much better IMO.

I decided to look a few things over while I had it in the garage. Noticed a clicking sound coming from my engine bay. Turns out it was the VTC solenoid. It was filled with oil. Looking for a new one.

Also found this big ass hole in my intake tube. Explains why I am seeing lean conditions in WOT.

My shift boot was really worn so I got my wife to stitch me up a new one.

Got rid of my Blitz SS BOV because it was leaking like crazy and causing my car to bog coming down from revs. I picked up this HKS SSQV and polished it of course! Plan on recirculating it I hope it runs smoother afterwards.

I kinda need an overflow reservoir...

I picked up this PBM shift knob but I didn't really like it so I bought a Tomei Duracon knob.

Did a compression check to clear my conscience.

Picture in closing

Thanks for tuning in! Constructive criticism is appreciated.
headup240 is offline   Reply With Quote