View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 11:43 PM   #2
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Trader Rating: (0)
Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
The fork should not be stuck at all.. in fact, its supposed to be able to come out.
The TO bearing is *supposed* to be pressed off and pressed on. If you read my install of the TC bushings, you'd know I don't press anything in or out. I hammer it!
How I did it was with a regular old 14" claw hammer. Beat the hell out of your old one! You don't need it. Set the bearing and carrier (housing) on the ground, and tap around the bearing that's sticking out. It'll come off. Lube up the carrier with some Moly grease, and grab a piece of 2x4. Set that on the new bearing, and tap the new bearing onto the carrier.

To install the bearing and carrier in the tranny, there are little clips on the carrier. Slide the carrier over the tranny shaft, and up to the fork. There are some dips on the ends of the fork, and some lumps on the clips of the carrier. Align the lumps in the dips, and you're set.
-Jeff
BTW: Do you need a new rear main seal while you're back there?

Last edited by Jeff240sx; 05-29-2003 at 12:07 AM..
Jeff240sx is offline   Reply With Quote