View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 05:08 AM   #29
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapower
I think your off to a great start! Thanks for sharing your project online! I really enjoy folliwing projects involving 240's that actually see track time. keep us updated...

Why are you going with the Buddy club coil overs? Are they valved for race tires? I was told that none of the JDM coil overs are properly valved for race tires. Even the Zeal super functions say recomended for semi slick use.

I ended up going with the Jic's and they are amazing!!! Much better then my old KYB AGX RSR race spring set up, there was not enough travel up front I think I was riding the bump stops through the corners. I still think the GC's and advanced design option is the way to go, if you can afford it. double adjustable shocks are nice. -Jason M

I chose the Buddy-Clubs because i know alot fo Honda/Acurs guys that run them for road racing, and the shock dyno charts proved that there are big difference between all the settings on the shock. BUddy Club has been involved in road racing for years on end in Japan and in the US, they have the reputation I needed to decide on what suspension to use for competition. They are valved stronger then most other shock, and the added bonus, they have US distributor that can rebuild teh shocks in teh US in teh event of a blow out, i dont know anyother company that does that with "JDM" products.

I hope the JICs were better then the KYB setup......much more going on, KYB is very basic, but i would nto consider it good for track use at all, after all my track time on almost the same exact setup.

Everyone i know tries to suggest certain setups for my grip racing when compared to their drifting, its much different setups going, you guys want everythign as stiff as possibleso itll slide, i need mine to give a little or absorb a little so itll stick.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote