View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 07:47 AM   #12
Veltall
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Veltall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis View Post
I have my plugs gapped at .28 or .028. I cant remember what the actual measurement is... lol

so when we installed my engine, we found that the factory engine temp sensor plug wouldn't plug into the sensor itself. It looked like it would fit, but the alignment pins weren't in the right areas. So, we filed the one alignment pin on the sensor down and the plug fit and clipped in just fine. I am wondering if the sensor is reading backwards.

I was reading online that if the engine temp sensor doesn't read correctly, it will cause the idle to go up with the engine temp, and that's exactly what it is doing. Any one know?

Also, I have the factory FPR still. I also read that you should adjust your fuel pressure about 4psi per pound of boost raised from factory.

So, what does the factory fuel pressure usually sit at? and what should I run at 12-13psi? I think that's why I am hitting fuel cut. Everything else seems to be in order.
from what I read online, you don't want to have your gap that close unless you're throwing big boost at it. I happened to have mine gapped the same as your's and it stopped it from breaking up but it was also mentioned that if we h ave to gap it that close to keep it from breaking up, there's a problem elsewhere (most likely coil packs are about done for).

The engine temp sensor for the ecu can only on one way so I can't imagine you plugging it in wrong.
Veltall is offline   Reply With Quote