View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 11:15 PM   #29
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Okay guys so another small update!

I finally got most of the parts together to start building my head and decided to take some progress pictures.

First off thanks to Bryan at work for letting me hot tank my head for free!

So if any of you haven't installed springs and retainers it's fairly simple. Just get some thick grease I used X-tra from Lucas and put it on the valve where the keepers sit and also grease the inside of the keepers so they don't just fall all over the place, then compress the retainer and either use your finger or a scribe tool to push the keepers in place. Slow and steady will win the race here, if you try to rush you'll get frustrated and take twice as long.

If you've never done this before and want a really good detailed write up on the full process look here! http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/how...0det-head.html

PICTURES!!!

And finally my cams came in! Tomei hydraulic Procam 270's

I'll be able to finish the head by next week hopefully, I'm waiting on a pair of keepers because I lost some and I also need to get new guides for the rocker arms so I can convert them to dual guide for reliability on any kind of two-step.

Anyways that's all guys!