View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 03:43 PM   #31
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by na6miata View Post
Hopefully there isn't another freak snow storm this weekend to cancel this drift nirvana as well. Thanks for those S13 LCA's btw! What were you alignment specs?
I run essentially stock specs except for front camber which I keep at around -3. I still have that subframe if you need it!

The first event of the season was a success! The new suspension setup worked great and I didn't get any of the steering bind that I was experiencing last time the car was out. The day started kinda rough after a spectator backed into the car while I was in the drivers meeting. Didn't really do much damage but it definitely isn't how I wanted to start the day. Mostly got the paint but it somehow broke the metal part of the fender behind the corner light so now it fits even worse then it did before lol. We paddocked in the corner away from everyone too so idk how he managed to hit it but he was cool about it and stuck around to give me his insurance so I can't really complain.

I swear the world just doesn't want me to own nice things

I was worried the accident would be a bad omen for the rest of the day but to my surprise the car seemed to perform flawlessly the whole day! Unfortunately, the same can't be said for my driving as it took almost the entire first session for me to shake the rust off my drifting skills lol. The afternoon sessions went much better and I was able to get a bunch of good runs in. By the end of the day I was back on form and dare I say shredding haha.

Few pictures from the day, some aren't watermarked so feel free to chime in if you took these!

And some glamor shots because they're fun:

Ignore my ugly ass lol:

Trispoke brothers:

Unfortunately my day was cut about an hour short after I picked up a selftapper that must have fallen off of someones kit and got a flat. I didn't have any plugs handy and my tires only had a few more laps in them anyway so I decided to just call it a day.

It was probably a good thing I stopped when I did since on the way home I noticed a puff of smoke coming out of the hood after every shift. I pulled over to investigate and discovered that it was oil shooting out of my blow off valve so it looks like my turbo seals are gone again Good thing I still have my T28 setup from the last motor!

I just dropped the car off at GEICO's shop to get the damage from the parking lot incident fixed. They're fighting me a bit because they don't want to fix the fender but hopefully it'll all work out. Once its back I'll throw the T28 on and get ready for the next event. I'm finally starting to trust and feel confident with this car now so I'm really excited for the rest of this season!
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links