Old 06-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #31
mikey976
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
mikey976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mikey976
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJdm View Post
hmmm then i am bout right then 400 whp is enough power in a single i say, i already beat daul cams pulling up hill from 2nd to 5th gear and im about half a car lane away not bad with bolt ons

but have u bore u head already??
actually im in the middle of a rebuild since my last post. engine blew cyl3 driving from North Jersey to Connecticut for the 240sxMotoring/CIP meet last month.

KAe's are tough bastards, my engine went about 20 miles before the meet, and its roughly an 80 mile trip i drove her the 20 to the meet on 3 cylinders and then the remaining 80 miles home and she still would hit 3-5psi boost when i needed it. I love this car it refuses to die

i have 2 engines for it. the one thats in the car now with a bad cyl3 and a spare block i just bought.
i am doing an OE rebuild on the spare block so i can get the car running again. then i am doing a fully built block with the motor thats blown.
depending on the condition of the cylinder walls i will bore it out as needed otherwise stock bore is more then enough. I hope to have the fully built motor done by xmas

plan is to run 20+ psi with it tuned properly