View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #39
dkim1985
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dkim1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by toguedrifter View Post
After purchasing this kit a while back for my S14 I finally got around to having it installed. It was successful and works great! The only thing is that I was unable to use the positive terminal and cable because of the additional factory connectors that feed off of the same cable that the S13 doesn't seem to have. Anyway, I recommend this grounding kit for a straight forward and clean setup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Haven't got the chance to instal the kit yet, but everything looks quality. Quick shipping as well.

Would recommend.
Glad you guys like it!

The positive terminal does take some modifying the stock harness to make it work. You have to cut off the oem battery connector and crimp the ring terminal connector that I include with the positive battery connector. As for the additional factory connectors that usually mount to the side, you have a couple options you can take..
a) cut off the oem connectors and wire them directly with the main line and then crimp to the supplied ring terminal. or..
b) take the side factory connector adapter, drill the mounting hole 1 size larger, then just mount directly to the side of the new positive terminal connector. (that's what i did)
I've heard from another customer that did option b, they didn't have to drill the hole larger. the side bolt on the new positive terminal connector fit perfectly through the factory connector adapter. I guess Nissan made different sizes..

I did option b, will upload a better picture later.
I also use the covers the battery terminal connectors come with because that's a requirement on the track.