View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #128
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
So after quite a bit of thinking... I decided to go ahead and sell my Apexi Power FC. It was great and I never had anything but smooth running with it but it's just time to move to a much simpler, much more capable engine management system.

So i'm pleased to announce that I've done quite a bit of research over the past couple, and i've decided to go with the new Adaptronic Plug and Play FD3s system.

I could go on and on about why...but I came across these questions and answers and figured they touched all the things I was worried about, wanted to know about etc..

1) There is no need for a datalogit($300+ unit), the adaptronic uses a generic supplied USB cable to access every portion of the ECU

2) There is an internal 4 bar map sensor you can select if you wish, instead of paying $150 + to upgrade to a 3 bar with PFC

3) You can switch on the fly between maps( 1 street, vs 1 track map etc)

4) Closed loop tuning with a wideband. The PFC only uses the OEM narrow-band to do closed loop tuning during cruise. The adpatronic when parred with a wideband o2 sensor can self tune itself all of the time, even in boost. Same goes for idle control, and transient throttle( throttle response)

5) The adptronic has VE tuning, the PFC does not. VE tuning is what all new cars, and new ECUS use. You input the fuel injector size, engine size, injector dead band timing, and its a much easier, linear and faster way to a better tune. The injector staging between primary and secondaries is also automated, you never have to touch this( PFC has similar, but not as complete).

6) You can listen to knock through a set of regular headphones if you have the OEM knock sensor hooked up. This is a big plus when dyno tuning. The PFC does not have this.

7) Data-logging function is a lot easier to use on the adaptronic, the PFC takes some practice and one has to be more familiar with the software to do so.

8)If you want to change to the FFE trigger you can with the adaptronic, you cannot with the PFC

9) if you ever want to upgrade to individual coils like the AEM units, you can run each coil seperately. You have to run wasted spark with the PFC. This drops coil output.

10) if you ever want to use E85, there are closed loop tuning available. Just add a flex sensor.

11) you can do a push to pass cockpit switch for track cars( temporarily increase boost when pushed).

12) you can do boost control based on transmission gearing( uses the OEM factory tranny sensors). All you need is a boost solenoid hooked to the ECU, and you can set max boost based on each gear. For example, 10 psi in 1st, and 2nd, then 15psi in 3rd, and 20psi in 4th/5th.

13) better boost control, has a entire map. Add a $90 sensor and you have a electronic boost controller

14) the ECU is compatible with most display dashes, like the RacePak. PFC is not compatible.

15) This unit can cut the ignition in increments of 1% which gives you a gradual torque reduction for traction control, PFC doesn't have any sort of traction control.

I placed my order tonight!!! should come in pretty soon here and once the motor is ready to crank over... Adaptronic will now take care of business!!!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote