View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #912
sydwyz95
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
sydwyz95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post

2literturbo's head flow numbers for his ported DET head vs stock VVL head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Now consider the same work put into the VE head and you'll see flow numbers in the 300's. I should find another VE head and get work done on it, but I'm buying a home right now and funds are tight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@nt0s View Post
my limiting factor was rev limit. the motor was making power and was still climbing when we let off at 8100. I was on stock lifters and all only added springs. i wasnt at the limit but i was close. more boost would help but i was on stock sleeves as well. so who knows

Wow! thank you guys for your help!! the reason i ask is because im shooting for 650-700 wheel with my current setup, sleeved 87mm 9.5:1 comp bottom end but i still only have a stock det head with hks stage 2 springs and 272 cams with a 6466 turbo.. Im not worried about the bottom end handling it just wondering if ill run out of flow with the head.. im not really interested in putting money into the stock det head because id rather put the money into the VE swap... I have a VE head sitting in my garage waiting to go on but its one of those if i can hit my goal is it worth spending the extra 3k on the VE setup? i finally finished breaking in my motor and i need to upgrade my fuel pump and injectors as im switching to e85 now so hopefully within a month or so ill be able to see what it will do, just tryin to prepare myself if im disappointed lol
sydwyz95 is offline   Reply With Quote