View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
Tomkun-s13

Trader Rating: (0)
Tomkun-s13 is making a name for him/her selfTomkun-s13 is making a name for him/her self
Its not that hard to do the swap just like anything else it take's time.

Use the engine mounts off a ford explorer 1998 model year, and the like. You'll just have to drill out the motor mount holes alittle on the nissan cross member , then use a front sump oil pan from ford with the front sump oil pick up. You'll have to mod the oil pan a little but not much, or just notch out the cross member and re-box it in.

T-5 tranny if you want 5-speed you can use the stock nissan trans mount cross member just drill extra hole for the tranny then hard mount it with out rubber mount. The shifter will sit a bit forward but not to bad just a little cut here and there on the shifter hole area. Then use a shifter handle with a set back like an old school pistol grip shifter. Now use the ford harness and splice to fit with interior harness and other wires need to run. Not to hard, again just takes some time to get it right the first time. You'll also have to mod the steering shaft with an extra U-Joint and a shaft, if you want to use all the ford headers with out modifying them. Oh yea, you'll have to bang the firewall to get the trans bell housing to fit as well.

Now, I'm going to try and use my existing clutch slave and re-run it to the left side of the trans and fab a mount to mount it where I need it and see how it works out. Others are going with the Ram Clutches hydro throw out, with a willwood M/C.

And last for me is using my P/S pump and fabing a bracket for it then just making it work with the 5.0 belt system and using the 5.0 P/S pulley. But again others Use the Ford Explorer Pump and HP line, flared both side of the Lines from steering rack to the P/S line and the the Nissan Res, and it's done.

Hope some of this helps you and others out. If you want all the goods and guys doing the 5.0 and there swaps check out silviav8.com and go to build treads. look for ( Nissan tuff with ford stuff) in the title and that's guy I'm getting my info from, and others like him. Okay guys I'm out time for bed. Take care later dudes...