View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #16
superJoy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
superJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mct3351 View Post
Your throttle pulley is on wrong. Placing the cable out that far is likely putting excessive bending forces in the axle when its resting on the stop.

I'd consider flipping it or making a pedal stop.
WHAT HE SAID.

You have that pulley on backwards dude. I don't have an SR but on all the Nissan engine's I've dealt with, that pulley goes on the other way so the cable is closer to the TB itself. It's sticking out quite a bit farther than it should.

You're prob putting the shaft in bending whenever it hits the stop, and you're moving that lever arm out by installing the pulley wrong, which causes the shaft to fail since it wasn't design for that amount of stress.

I don't think the cable bracket yall talkin bout makes that big of a difference.
superJoy is offline   Reply With Quote