View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 01:30 PM   #20
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
So, as of late, my co-workers XC70, deemed the War Wagon, has been burning coolant. His car has also been misfiring on cylinder 3 at start up, until it has been running for a few minutes, then it levels out. I figure it's either split a cylinder liner (common on these cars once your turn boost up), or has some other issue, maybe head gasket related. The 2.4 and 2.5 liter blocks are prone to these and similar issues, but the 2.3 liter blocks having thicker cylinder liners don't have these issues, and are proven up to 30 psi and 400+HP all day long!

So with that in mind, I helped him source a 2.3 for $500 to begin building.

Beginning tear down, as you can see the engine even came with the turbo! You can't even get a used turbo for these for $500 usually! Even better, the turbo has ZERO, and I mean, ZERO shaft play. Score!

With the block torn down, the goodies have started to arrive! H beams and Wiseco pistons will ensure this thing is damn near bullet proof!

Aluminum slugs, very excite!

Now it's time to drop all of this off at the machine shop.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote