Thread: Eoken's S13
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #63
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Eoken is an unknown quantity at this point
[/url]

G-Corp wing!! Type-X style but longer. It is like the 326 power wing but the wiglets do not go down and almost touch the rear quarters.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Nismo thermostat installed and SR20 fan shroud modified to fit with USDM A/C fan and A/C drier

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

The end result! I just have a few things to button up like replacing the fuel pump, exhaust bracket for the downpipe, waste gate line, air filter bracket to keep it out of trouble, and a plug for oem intake pipe where the resurrecting valve would feed into. But other than that the swap is complete

AND NOW FOR SOME NEWS!
the 6 speed was messed up... I found this out when I tried to back it out of my driveway last week. 5th and revere would act like neutral when I let out the clutch (the nismo copper mix clutch does feel really amazing too). I figured it was a problem with the selector fork since both 5th and reverse use the same selector fork.

anyways I have read online that if you have this engine and transmission set up in a S13 you must remove the engine in order to take the gear box off. I was a bit depressed but I found another 6 speed 3 hours away and bought it for $300 and had a second go.

I was able to use the knowledge I picked up from installing the engine and dropped the sub frame down as far was it would go. Next I loosened the bottom engine mount nuts all the way off to allow them to freely move how they wanted. I then got a long wooden board and a jack and jacked up the front of the engine from the oil pan. I jacked it up until the engine fan touched the top of the fan shroud (maybe about 2 or 3 inches). This was in fact enough to get access to the bolts and remove the gearbox.

After about 12 hours of work yesterday I had the old one out and the new one in. It works really well and the gear ratios are really awesome! It is better than I imagined.
the only downside was the output shaft did not have the same machining as the old one despite having the rear casting with plug in it. kind of a let down but I am planning on using a Dakota digital box and use the S15 abs sensor in the dif to get a speed signal I can use. I have no experience with this and would love some advice here!
Eoken is offline   Reply With Quote