View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #22
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1A View Post
You're going to want to cut the flange off of the brass spacers you're using inside of the camber plates. That flange will eventually deform from the loads it will see when set up like that. I used a 4.5" cutoff wheel to hack it off, and a file to deburr it when I set mine up.

Also, it kind of sucks that you got the barrel shaped eibachs. With some dealers you have to specify that you want springs with a consistent OD. I'd try to send those back; otherwise you're going to lose more inside wheel/tire clearance than necessary.
Called Shox. They said to call GC. Called GC. They won't exchange my spring, although they did confirm they make 2.5inch ID, 7inch tall, 450 and 350 rate springs with consistent diameter.

GC's explanation is that the barrel shape provides more clearance on spring compression so there is no coilbind (makes sense, i guess).

If I start running into problems with tire clearance, I can always change springs . . . and call Hypercoil

Last edited by OptionZero; 08-04-2009 at 02:12 PM..