Thread: Eoken's S13
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:58 AM   #47
Eoken
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Eoken is an unknown quantity at this point

cut some small steel pipe and painted it black to make some spacers.

I also got new black hardware for my handbrake set up to make it look better.

had to modify the metal frame that the glove box mounts to. It was not clearing the cool box sticking out of the back lol.

cool box fits snug! mine did not come with insulation foam on the right side of it and it may have been an advantage to getting it t fit. I know it comes off of most of them for some reason.

I also took a hair dryer and just slightly bent out the outer lips of the glove box so it clears the coolbox door when it opens for smooth operation. A few pieces of tape over the magnet can also help it open easier.

out comes the cluster again for repairs. I managed to salvage the digital speedo off another broken cluster to make one good one again XD

I plan on replacing where the harness plugs into the speedo unit to because it has something wrong with the pins and it makes it flicker from time to time. took me a year to discover which component was causing this... lol >.> pretty involved with soldering!

mounted in the car and opens and closes with no issues. I will hae to make some flexible ducts to direct air in and out of the box from the main A/C ducts. I will probably go to the junk yard and get some flexible hoses just like are going to the defrost vents under the windshield from some 90's Nissan and modify them.

hydro installed and plumed up. The bracket I welded in is perfect! super low key and the line is almost completely hidden lol.

always fun to chill out and enjoy the fruits of your labor for a little while:b

tail lights and ganadors transfer ed over! this car looks really cool now! XD

new engine is here! N1 oil cap installed!

cutting out the fenders. I learned a few things from the last time I did this and I went about it a little differently.

I first made a cardboard template of the shape of the factory wheel arch shape. then I moved it up about two inches just bellow the body line the runs the length of the car. I wanted to leave the body line untouched because the crease in the metal provides it strength.

I then traced a line with sharpy and highlighted it with tape to make it easier to see when cutting with the angle grinder.
for the inner layer I just tore off the outer layer from it with pliers and hammered it out after making relief cuts. welded, seam sealer, undercoat, primer, paint.

and the part sticking out may provide support for my over fenders I'm thinking.

Eoken is offline   Reply With Quote