View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 08:35 AM   #23
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Anyways, I have no issues with the people that are buying stuff cheaper than market value and selling it for market value. Its the people charging 5-600 for ganadors.
If I can post a pair of Ganador mirrors I have decided not to use for sale on Instagram for $550 shipped and sell them within 20 minutes, I am going to do it. There are plenty of other ways I can help the community, like posting useful part numbers when I find them and answering every PM I receive from someone asking me a question about these cars. Taking a loss on parts or selling things for under the market value to help people out is not something that fits into my budget right now, as nice as that would be.

However, I don't disagree with you. It sucks S13 Ganador mirrors go for $450+ all day when they used to be $200 a few years back. I don't really have a good explanation for why this shift has taken place, but it's the reality we live in I guess.

I do kind of feel the whole sense of the community and what is going on is blown a bit out of proportion though. The S chassis community is a small one in the grand scheme of things, and the people that want these old "2001 Golden Era" parts are a very small portion of that already small community. Sometimes it feels like we all get so bent out of shape about things that impact such a small number of people because we are so consumed by/obsessed with this hobby. Maybe it's the fact that I have a family now and my priorities have shifted (but don't mistake this for a lack of motivation and interest in these cars), but it's not something I really find myself getting upset/worked up about.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote