View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
5/26/11

Life has been getting in the way slightly. Moved to a new location still in Marin, but its a lot more expensive so fixing stuff on the car has been a task. The day I was moving I go out to start her up and I find that my SAFC had been stolen. Not only did I lose the SAFC, but I didn't save any of the settings so I lost all of that dyno time too.

Fast forward.

Got another SAFC, installed, took it to the dyno to get retuned and I was to be at RD2 Tuesday. Unfortunately while I was on the dyno my clutch started slipping and I was unable to finish the tune and subsequently wasn't able to make it to RD2.

I'll take it as a blessing in disguise as I can focus on "Keeping drifting fun!" and just do fun events. I'll rethink ProAm again next year.

Took the car over to my buddy Kia at TD Garage today to rip apart the clutch and see if I could find anything obvious. Only think that I could see were heat marks.

Everything appeared to be installed correctly, no preload hydraulically, everything tight ect.

Sent ACT the information and well see what they come back with tomorrow.

Gotta get the car ready for the next event in the 2nd week of June in Oregon with Fabian Fernandez. Were driving up and doing an exhibition. Should be good times!

Edit: ACT ended up coming through with a new clutch!! <3 ACT!

Last edited by DJPimpFlex; 08-19-2017 at 12:34 AM..
DJPimpFlex is offline   Reply With Quote