View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #21
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
No, I don't think so. Keep those features on by default in iGoogle instead. Have the default Google page plain with no frills like it used to be.
Let me clarify. What I really meant was, most people who use Google, want/like those new features. If we make it too complicated no one will know how to turn them "on" and use them. Users get real added value by having those features on by default. It your own personal preference to have them off.

Quote:
This is a page that would constantly be on the first page when I searched before. I just had trouble remembering the name, but would know it when I saw it as it is a unique one. That was just one example as it was the most recent. But the quality of results I've been experiencing has been on a decline for a while now.
Duly Noted. (but still anecdotal)

Quote:
So the answer is No. Pffft.
You asked if you could set the general location to your country. Which you can. Just take a second to think about what would happen if you did a web search and Google didn't know what country you were from? How do you think the search results would look?