View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #7
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
FINALLY!!!! After 2 months i had finally got my N1 Water pump! Along with my Nismo thermostat but the wrong dipstick..

Now i can finally put the front section back to gether as well

I got the Water Pump and thermo installed

Well i wanted to order some new valve cover grommets since the old ones are tired out and mushed, but i was unable to find if anyone has found a USDM equivalent one, so i set out to find one. I searched lowes/home depot, all the auto parts stores....but no luck

So i went to the junk yard to look at all the different Nissan/Toyota's to find a similar one I went to three junk yards scoping out all the engines.
At the last junk yard i came across a J30 with the Intake Manifold removed and found my answer
The 93 J30 VG30's Intake Cam Valve cover uses the exact same bolt/grommets. (im sure the other VG30's use the same, but id like to confirm it before i say so)

I had always suspected the VG30 would have them i was just unable to see them due to the I/M.

I searched the web for 3 hours trying to confirm the ones im seeing on the Web are the ones I need.
Ive never seen a NEW OEM grommet so i wasnt sure which was correct.

Sure i could have ordered them from The Nismo Shop but they want 3.00EA for them, but when you need 20 of them thats alot of money for grommets.

So the ones i found on the internet they sold for .95EA WAAYY Cheaper.

But being skeptical on the ones i found since ive never seen a New one I order them hoping for the best.

But i just got them in today and they are perfect, they even have the metal washer on top

Old one on the left new one on the right of course

So you guys with RB's if you want to replace the V/C grommets with new ones here are the ones I ordered
Ishino Valve Cover Seal Washer Direct OE replacement

Also got some new grommets for the Front timing cover. They are the same as the VG30.

I also Got a New OEM Oil pan ^_^

Got in my IC Core Got it unbelievably cheap.

It was brand new just damaged in shipment to Enjuku.

Im bought a regular ISIS Core with McKinney IC Piping for the Greddy Style IM

Cleaned it up a little bit, but what do you expect with just a hammer, screwdriver and some pliers

Finally got my McKinney Intercooler Piping in.

Finally!
After two months I finally got my hands on a Idler pully.
I ended up ordering 2 just in case

Installed

The wife finishing it up

Done

So despite reading posts from what ppl have said about XS Power, as You know i purchased the Manifold to give them a chance.........Big Mistake
DO NOT BUY SHIT FROM XS-POWER THEY ARE WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT HERE ARE PICS SHOWING WHY.
NO R&D GO INTO MAKING THESE MANIFOLDS

I had to dremel out about every hole except one..
I will not be using this POS manifold I will be using the stock one.

The top #2 and #5 cylinder bolt hits the manifold

Clearance is ridicules

Also the oil return hose dosent exactly reach so i either need to bend the tube or get a longer hose

I sent them an Email and pics about the issues and here is the second manifold they sent me

i got this nastyness inside on the runners 4-6...sigh this is what i get for cheaping out ;o;

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit