View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #94
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty1s View Post
You obviously need your large gauge wire to carry the 12v charge from the alternator to the battery.
The ground is provided through the chassis/motor

You also need to provide 12v to the LightGreen/Black wire which is the signal wire for the voltage regulator. Without 12v to it, the alternator wont put out a charge.
You can easily tap into it into the plug next to the plug that you used for the 3wires for the 12v junctions. In fact, I used the same 12v source.

Edit: Info to add about the alternator
So my alternator wasn't charging after I did what I said before. For shits and giggles, I put a 12v light bulb between the other pin on the alternator and a 12 positive. On a 350z, it outputs a ground to the dash to light up the battery light while the positive end on the light is supplied through ignition hot +. Pretty much I was simulating that dash light. Boom! 14v on the mulitmeter.
In the end, I ended up taking that signal ground from the alternator and there is a plug under the hood that runs to the dash and works just like it should. Light on when the motor is not running, light off when the alternator is charging correctly, light on when it is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
this is mainly what i was referring to. the 12v signal is taken care of with my jumper harness. OEM FTW.

but yeah, look here, page 22: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/350Z/coupe/2004.5/sc.pdf

edit:

you've got to put either a light or a diode in there.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote