View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #33
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
i'm not saying you should draft thug ass players who don't take shit from no one, and of course you want a good kid who will work hard and do something, but there is a such thing as being too soft.. which was what the lakers when they lost to the celtics. artest would help in this category to change their reputation.

same thing as the spurs being known around the league as being "too nice" and quiet after they won their few championships after stephen jackson left. mainly because their POWER forward was too quiet and not outspoken enough, but you wouldn't want to fight that guy. it didn't matter though, spurs were way talented and it didn't help that bowen started getting under people's skin and known as a dirty player and ginoboli became the best flopper in the game.
Did you watch the playoffs this year? The Lakers answered that "soft" talk by winning a fucking championship.
People will need to come with something different this season, "soft" no longer applies after Gasol did a great job defending whomever was in front of him.

And the Spurs' issue now is AGE. Bruce Bowen was, what, 38? TD and Mike Finley both 34 or 35, Ginobili is up there too. With the exception of Tony Parker, their entire "core" are on the downside of their careers. You become a lot less tough as you get up in age, when the old joints start to go, then you become a jumpshooter like Barkley did, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasting_speed View Post
When i was in Jr. high i use to love K.G. Like when he was in the T.Wolves. I can't stand him now playing for Boston. IDK my feelings for him changed.
I liked KG when he was in Minnesota because he was loyal to a team who seemed to be sabotaging his ability to succeed, giving him inferior surrounding casts after saddling him with the Marbury problem... He showed up, played hard and even won an MVP one season. In Boston, though, he has become a bit of an arrogant-assed BULLY. Screaming on teammates and MORE on opponents, starting shit and trying to come off as if he was NOT the agitator, and the likes. He seems more like he is entitled to be a dick because Danny Ainge made the right moves at the right time and put together a winning combination. The humility he once had seems totally gone now, and that is where my opinion of him has reversed.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote