View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
I had one last year and agree on your assessment between HR and the other models. Looks like you've also done research into the clutch thing, I too had the part waiting on the shelf for if I broke mine.

Frankly it was one of the best cars I've ever owned. Took a beating and kept on ticking. Comfortable, fun, looks decent.

THAT BEING SAID

1. It was so impractical, that I literally went out and bought a 97 Impreza wagon to do things like transport wheels and tires, get groceries, and do anything other then drive myself around and do sweet burn outs. Nothing sucked more then only being able to transport two wheels to the track with the rest in a friends car.

2. Their values are plummeting like a rock. I bought mine mid 2014 with 78K for around 17K, put 5K in parts on it, enjoyed it, moved it back to stock and traded it in for a value of around 13K. Not to terrible considering it had some love marks from the track. You will loose more value on this thing then a honda or BMW or something else, considering your going to be borrowing to pick it up.

BUT I did just watch two recently sell with comparable Mods to mine, on CL for around 11k. Soooo basically in two years, these things have dropped to the tune of 5-10k in value depending on the model and modifications.

All said and done, I now have a BMW Wagon I make payments on, and an S14 I beat on. Much happier now.