Thread: rota grids
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
The majority of the 'broken fake wheels' threads originate from people who have bashed their cars into walls or curbs.

BIG SURPRISE

I've driven/drifted hard on replica and 'real' wheels, and have been fine. Only wheel I've ever broken was when I smashed an XXR into a curb, it broke a chunk out of the lip, hit the curb at around 45mph, what do you expect.

I have a problem with people calling them 'fake', because they're still wheels. They're just replicas of wheels that established wheel companies have already made. Biggest difference is in the casting/forging process. It's cheaper to cast a single piece aluminum wheel than to make a forged 3 piece wheel, which is why Rotas and XXR's are cheaper.

I'm not a fan of them, since they're knocking off cool wheels, but at the same time it just makes you cooler if you have the real thing.

If you're drifting them, buy the replicas. That way you don't have to spend $6-800 to replace one when you smash into something.

If you're just trying to look cool/baller when you're rolling around, buy the OG shit, that way you'll be a baller and can be proud of your wheels.

I wish people would quit bitching about it honestly
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote