View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 04:34 PM   #89
street_sleeper
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
street_sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
I hope you have an NDA in place with anyone you send that CAD file for quoting. A run of 500-1000 is probably a bit ambitious at this phase. You'll end up sitting on inventory for a long time trying to sell them, even worse is if one of the copy-cats comes out of the woodworks. A fairly small initial run could be helpful to gauge interest and ease of installation and any revisions necessary.

If you plan to sell these in large quantities, then you're going to need to vendors on board and some advertising. Basically, you'll have better luck selling a lot of these if it's available on rockauto, frsport, Courtesy Nissan, and any other vendor that sells replacement parts.

I have a spare sunroof with broken trim that I can help test fit with.
Words of wisdom. The guy I have doing the CAD and the company all have NDA. I own the designs and mold but they own the process of how it is made (if I understood them correctly). Trying to figure out how many to make at first is kind of a guessing game at this point. I would say I could probably sell 100-200 which is I think a reasonable start. I have been in contact with some of the bigger companies to gauge interest but they want to see the final product before we talk numbers. I will probably just end up going through one or two companies due to the low amount of trims needed.
street_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote