View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #370
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
How is the sr shitty when it's your fault it got fucked up? Just wondering. Smash the oil pickup on the 1j and see how long it lasts.
dont twist my words. never said the sr was shitty. i said i dont wanna piece together another crappy sr. aka put all my good stuff over, take my time, do things right and have some freak issue with someones long block and it break on me. i always take my time and do things rugt and get screwed somehow. i learned the hard way and learned that the s14 sr oil pickup is the slightest bit longer then an s13 one. i literally nicked the pan just enough that it squashed the strainer. i was under the assumption that maybe the pan was bent and took it off to inspect. by then it was already too late.

like i said at this point of being consistantly let down by some freak incident (2 motors prior the ecu chip board fell out hitting a hole and washed my rings out) i decided to try something different. once again, taking my time with this vvti 1j and never cheaping out and staying stock power will do fine until im ready to sell and buy a 180sx to restore with the proper engine (sr)