View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #132
boost_addict
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
boost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really niceboost_addict is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to boost_addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Glad to see this thread is still alive.

Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHA. First of all, easy with the superlatives... "Better than any other speaker"? Negative. Better than stock? Sure.

And 5 1/4" components are the bastard children of the speaker world, like 4x6's. No one with any budget/taste runs them - they just don't play low enough, unless you also run an 8" mid (which sounds awesome with a 12" woofer tuned low, or a 15"). But then you're running full active crossovers which is uber-complicated for even experienced people.

My new setup is finished, pics of the 3-d models and specs are in the fabrication thread, but I'll link a couple pics here too ~

Specs:
- Alpine something-or-other high end headunit
- TRU Technololgy T4.100 w/BB IC upgrade
- CDT HD-6 6.5" mids in .3ft^3 sealed door boxes
- CDT TW-26 1" Silk-dome tweeter
- CDT SatNet 560i crossover (this makes all the difference)
- Soundstream SS10R Reference 10" sub in a huge (1.5ft^3) ported box, tuned to ~37hz, with an F3 of around 44Hz.
- Misc sound deadening (mostly Dynamat Extreme), not finished with that part yet.

Doors:

Trunk:

Might update the thread when I get pics of finished install (door panels on, trunk cleaned up - box is bolted in but everything else is just thrown in, etc) - also I'll grab a pic of the head unit and ipod dock.
how does the door panel fit LOL!