View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
strangest overheating issue

before you say use the search tool trust me ive searched every forum out there and cant find a similar issue.
so im having an issue where anytime i take it on the highway i start to overheat. i can drive it around town all day and no issues but as soon as i hit the highway it gets real hot.
i did notice due to a hot ambient temperature it would overheat more quickly (probably doesnt matter but just thought i should say it). if i pull over and wait like not even 5 minutes itll cool down all the way but as soon as i start driving it again.
i can drive it around town all day but i cant go a constant speed without stops. i also beat on the car a little and have no issues.
i check the coolant cap and so far no whiteness. i also bled the system very well for a solid 20-30 minutes with my coolant funnel.
i have a BRAND new ISR Radiator ISR Fan shroud with fans. and before you ask no they are not wired backwards, i have them behind the radiator pulling air.
so far i replaced the thermostat, and looped the heater core line because i thought the kink caused issues. heres some pictures that might help you help me diagnose the issue. water pump doesnt leak or make strange noises but that is on the list of things to be replaced, along with a coolant flush (even though the coolant is not even a year old and has barely any use on it.)
https://imgur.com/gallery/hxPweOo

Last edited by oLemurs; 07-09-2018 at 10:33 AM..
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links